GMC Axle Ratings

From: Steve S (dukw1@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 17:52:20 PST

Hi:

I'm trying to get axle ratings for my DUKW so that I can get certification
for road use here in New Zealand, but have had no real joy. I have all of
the DUKW and CCKW Technical Manuals, in particular "TM9-1801 - Power train,
chassis, body"; but no mention of axle ratings (everything else though!).

Does anyone have any idea why these details would be missing when they would
appear to be so important? Did they even do axle ratings in 1944? Did GMC
not axle rate their military trucks?

Thanks for any help.

Steve