Re: [MV] Time to go?

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 20:29:44 PST

I find all of this very interesting. I've been on this email list for about 3 years now, I think?

I've said the wrong thing a couple of times and stuck my foot squarely in my mouth at least once. Every once in a while, I find myself wondering if I am really getting anything out of
the list and I don't check this email account for a week or so. Then I start to think of all of the little tidbits of info that I have picked up from the ramblings on this list and I realize
that there is no book I could read that could be this interesting and so totally unpredictable. You can never tell if the next message will spark an idea or start a war of opinions. So I
keep listening and chime in once in a while, when I believe I have something to contribute.

I have found the delete key to be useful as some of the discussions I simply have no interest in. But that's ok.

Some of the most useful ideas and insightfull comments I have ever heard have been from people on this list and others. Some of the ideas have been near genius. Stuff that my
smartest college professor would envy.

Several times in the past few years, a number of people have voiced frustrations with the content or the rambling and have decided to setup other email lists. I have visited those
lists and they sure sound a lot like this list - all over again, but with a smaller audience and not quite as much spirit. I think your departure and the way it is orchestrated; "I'm tired
of this, lets find or start another list, etc,etc. " is simply the normal evolution of this email list. People come and people go. Sort of like life.

I enjoy the variety of personalities on this forum. If all you guys did was spit out facts, I would have signed off years ago.

I have no idea how many people are on this list, but it has to be near or exceeding a thousand people. And that is a lot of talent, experience and information in one forum. How did
I ever get by before email lists? This has been a good ride for the last 3 years or so and I don't see an end in sight.

I'm sticking around.

Dave