Re: [MV] The perils of honesty on eBay

From: Pete & Renee Davis (pandr@cybertours.com)
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 16:43:41 PST

John is right; the E-bay system is indeed flawed.

My wife and I spend too much time and money on e-bay. Some sellers will wait to see
what feedback you give them and then retaliate if they're not satisfied. I don't
remember if e-bay actually has a policy, but IMHO the seller's job is finished when
they ship the item and that is when they should leave their feedback, based on the
buyer's performance after the sale. The appropriate time for the buyer to leave
feedback is after they receive their item. Fortunately, we have had overwhelmingly
positive experiences and have not had to leave negative feedback. In the long run, I
feel that e-bay's first loyalty is to their sellers; that is where they make they're
money. Unfortunately, they don't really seem to care very much for the "little guy";
the buyer.

Just my rant for the day.

Pete Davis