M151A1 Jeep Markings

From: Tony Castagno (tonycastagno@verticalthought.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 04:53:15 PST

Hello List,

Getting ready to order my stencils for my 68 M151A1. I want to put
correct Vietnam era in-country markings on it. I served in 3/69 Armor
24th ID Delta company and D21 was my ride, in the gulf. I don't believe
the 24th ID was in Vietnam (I think it was deactivated at that time) but
the 25th ID was and had 1/69 Armor. This leaves me with the following
unit.

1/69 AR
3rd BDE 25ID
D Company

I know my D21 number is a tank bumper number, eventually I will be
adding an M4 pedestal and M60 dummy, so I'm curious what a suitable
bumper number for that would be? Would the company commander's jeep be
marked D66, I know the tank was... for the moment lets assume it is
D66. Could somebody tell me where the markings would go on the front
bumper and bumperettes?

Thanks,
Tony