Re: [MV] ACKWX Serial No

From: Conrad Vogel (conrad@nidlink.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 08:35:58 PST

Tony,

All ACKWX and AFKWX trucks origanally had the GMC 256, which was kind of
a crossbreed between a 248 and a 270. It's hard to tell what Government
Contract number the ACKWX was built under without having the Government
Registration Number from the hood. It was stencilled on the top and
bottom - if he still has the original hood that is.

I'm not around mine at the moment, and don't have the serial number to
compare against mine, but if I can dig it up, they may have been built
(somewhat) sequentially with the contract numbers.

Conrad Vogel
mailto:conrad@nidlink.com
mailto:conradvogel@hotmail.com
http://www.nidlink.com/~conrad/trucks.html
'40 GMC ACKWX-353 (was grandpa's farm truck)
'61 GMC 1/2 ton (was grandpa's farm truck)
'61 GMC 3/4 ton
'61 GMC 4000 (was grandpa's farm truck)
'62 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 (Annie)