Re: [MV] vibration problems with M1009 Blazer

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 14:31:59 PST

I was going up a wall with a vibration problem in my M1008.
Was running about 65 mph, my usual speed with it on the
Interstates, when all of a sudden I got this loud vibration. It
seemed to get worse as I accelerated, especially above 45
mph. Did a complete check of the running gear to no avail.
After thinking about it, I recalled that the air flow through the
radiator sounded different, so I checked under the hood and
found that I blew the guts in the fan clutch. The fan was
running way off center. Lucky that it didn't come all the way
apart and rip out the radiator and other stuff. Same symptom,
put it in neutral and the vibration would stop.
Joe Young