Sv: [MV] Worth?

From: Gerry Davison (gerry@marlab.dk)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 15:40:04 PST

Hi Rikk

I would say it was WAY over the mark and that is assuming that the insides
look as neat and tidy as the outside, and the engine works without fúel
leaking all over inside etc etc. I have seen some Russian stuff sold through
both Bella Russia and Ukraine at absolutely incredible prices. Those guys
seem to think they can finance their entire defence industry by selling at
prices they seem to think we are prepared to pay. Last I saw a reasonable
price was through the old Czech Republic. They were selling off PT76 at
around $12000, and T54's at $30,000. I actually drove one (but didn't buy
it)that was priced at $25000. I saw loads of T34 in good condition while I
served in Lithuania, but it was illegal to sell them as they were considered
"Historical Monuments" at that time. If I could, I would have bought one of
those...

Regards
Gerry - Denmark