Re: [MV] vibration problems with M1009 Blazer

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 17:24:06 PST

Let me tell you that I have had similar problems with a dodge pickup
Mr Vibration plagued me for some time.
In the transfer case... the rear output bearing started to disintergrate ! I
also had a similar problem with the output bushing on an early Toyota as
well ! The seal was leaking and it became necessary to replace it
...unfortunately the new seal also started to leak, within a short time.
Then I found the culprit

Surprisingly, it was unusually quiet until it became really bad. Then it was
really noticeable as a major problem.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Rob P.
Upstate Ny area near Syracuse.
'42 MB Been to #ell and back
'46 CJ2A Fully Rebuilt Eng. not yet intsalled
'47 CJ2As Really Rusty one Runs (two jeeps)
Two CJ5s great engines - bad tubs
1, Surrey jeep. soon to have Toyota Celica eng. + Tranny

Re: [MV] vibration problems with M1009 Blazer