Need left-rear HMMWV ?Data? Plate

From: Jarrett Redd (jarrett_l_redd@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 12:53:16 PST

Hi folks... Thanks to another list member, I have discovered that I have a
info/data plate on the driver-side rear quarter panel on my 1986 M998. It is
riveted there with 4 rivets. Unfortunately, it was painted over with CARC in
1994. I've been trying to get the paint off, but anything I try also wants to
remove the lettering on the data plate. So far, I have been able to chip off a
little bit of the CARC and I can see a diagram of a humvee wheel with some
dimensions and some wording about 10 tie-downs on the frame etc. etc., but the
rest of the CARC is stuck good. I'm wondering if anyone out there might have
such a plate that I can replace this one with. I'd really like to recover this
one, but I just don't see how. So instead, it would be nice to replace it, if
possible. I can send a picture if anyone is confused about which data plate
this is. I don't know what the official name of it is, and it is not listed in
the TM's with the other data plates. It is not the normal serial no. etc data
plate or diagram plate in both door frames. This one is about 5" x 5" metal
and has no stamped info, just printed text and diagrams.

=====
Jarrett L. Redd (KG6ELZ)