Re: [MV] The perils of honesty on eBay

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 13:49:31 PST

--- wwd@netheaven.com wrote:
> >those that have cheap prices but
> >make their profit on 'handling' fees. I once saw a
> >seller selling a torque wrench (3/8") and was
> charging
> >$17.00 shipping and 'handling' with a buy-it-now of
> >$10.00.
>
> What does 'buy it now' price have to do with s/h
> chgs?

i.e. They're selling items for unusually low prices
yet charging almost 200% the selling price for
shipping. In other words, it's obvious they're making
up their "loss" on the price in the shipping/handling
fees and at the same time they pay Ebay a lower
percentage final value fee because the selling price
is so low.

Does that help clear it up?

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV