Gama Goat Article

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 19:34:58 PST

The April issue of Peterson's 4 Wheel & Off-Road has a two page article
about Gama Goats with some nice pics. Is it my imagination or are these off
road magazines giving more attention to mil stuff these days? I don't
recall much in the way of mil coverage in years past.

Interesting article prior to that about some hard-core off road trip, one of
the rigs shown looks to be a total custom made thing, has a definite mil
look to it. Perhaps a small version of a cross between a hummv and one of
those old prototype FMC things (forgot the M number, M311 maybe??). Note
the mil tail lights, front marker lights and blackout drive light on it as
well as a mil turn signal switch. Says it's powered by a Cummins, perhaps a
4BTA??? Speaking of which if anyone is looking for some 4BT's, that junk
yard I go to is still getting them in. I put one in my civy Dakota, now I
get 26mpg.

later,

je