LAPES/Sarge's List

From: mrsquid_underway@juno.com
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 22:02:09 PST

The "drag it out the back" system is called LAPES: Low Altitude Parachute
Extraction System.
Used extensively on C-130's, the occasional C-141, and maybe even the
C-17. I would really hate to be around someone trying it with a C-5...but
I seem to recall a video of an M1 being landed like this.

If anyone wants to try it, I have a grunch of the long straps you'll
need...NIB, $15 ea. FOB Brookshire TX
I do not have the rigging instructions or skids.

Sarge's List: large enclosed building with no power or water in
Brookshire TX. 3 miles from Truck Stops and Trailer Shop.

g "Find it before it finds you" Unofficial Navy Mineman's Motto