Surplus Charriots

From: Gerry Davison (gerry@marlab.dk)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 13:45:21 PST

Hi All

Sarge's last mail reminded me of an incident here at the Artillery garrison
in the Skive, Denmark a couple of years ago. A group of friends of mine
(sergeants - mechanics) had dug up the last Diamond T Wrecker in the Danish
Army. It had been lying forever in some compound somewhere. They brought it
up to the garrison and worked in their spare time to restore it, for about 2
years. They wanted it to go to the army museum. But what did the Army say ?
This stuff is too old - put it into the auction catalog...! It was sold a
couple of months later.

Just goes to show that armies everywhere have the same attitude....I wonder
if the Romans sold their surplus charriots like that...

Gerry
Skive - Denmark