24 Volt trailer lights

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 20:07:29 PST

Regarding trailers, we've had some discussion about voltage converters, dual
light systems, and changing light bulbs and such when using a normal trailer
with an MV, and of course the same problem in reverse. I'm in the process
of redoing a trailer I got and I was planning to use it with12 and 24 volt
trucks. I was looking thru the Peterson Manufacturing Co. catalog for
lights and re-discovered something that I saw several years ago but it
didn't click with me till just now. The move seems to be to LED clearance
and tail lights these days right? Well in some of thier product lines for
LED clearance and tail lights they have higher voltage versions that run on
8 to 32 V. I think the problem is solved now. One set of lights, one plug
at the front, and I can use any vehicle electric system without any
modifications, other than assorted adapter cables if need be.

The ones I am looking at are a tail light M417R-2 and a M158A-MV amber
clearance light (M158R-MV for red). The web site is www.pmlights.com

Hope someone else can use this info.

je