Using converter dollies to move a box trailer or flatbed semi - opinions needed

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 11:32:37 PST

Gentlemen:

I'm considering getting a converter dolly to be able to move flatbed and box semi trailers with my M51 dump.

I'd like to get some opinions on the viability of using a converter dolly with a 5 ton or duece.

I would think that backing up would be pretty much impossible.

How about other considerations. Is it tough to turn corners with one?

I'm looking for some experience here to guide me. There are a lot of Box semi trailers around for very reasonable prices. There are also a lot more flatbed semi trailers around and they
are significantly cheaper than heavy dual tandem construction trailers.

Before I plunk down $1000 for a decent dolley and then another $2000 for a trailer, I would like some opinions.

Thanks,

Dave