GAZ

From: Gerry Davison (gerry@marlab.dk)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 12:08:09 PST

Perhaps the story is not so far fetched. GAZ means "Gorkij Automibilij
Zavodny" or translated "Gorkij Automobil Factory". The factory was moved
from Moscow to the other side of the Urals during the German invasion of
Russia and was renamed "UAZ" which I am sure most of you guys are very
familiar with. However, some products continued to be produced under the
name GAZ. I am sure that Poul, who dropped the note into our mailbox, can
tell much more about that.

Regards
Gerry
Denmark