big gun

From: k, d, j, m, & a miller (thisoldhouse@libcom.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 18:36:39 PST

I got two problems:

1) I got a pintle hitch on the back of my M35 that
is not being used. Driving me crazy to see it there
without even a chip of paint missing on it.

2) My 22 cal 6 shooter just doesn't seem up to the task
of protecting the homestead.

So... after seeing junkyard wars (only good, clean? TV program
that my son and I watch) where they built cannons, I thought
I could solve both of my problems and have fun doing my
own version of a junkyard war. The cannons they built were
only about 4 inch diameter. Heck, I got 8 inch sewer pipe
that ought to launch one mother of a missile. Along with the
pipe I got other stuff like extra deuce wheels, brackets,
levers, cranks, and other assorted iron. So, I think I can build
my own big gun! Looking at this heap of pieces parts, I believe
all I need is a set of hubs, spindles, and bearings. The rest should
come together in under the allotted 10 hours. Anybody try this
idea?

kurt

 P.S. All seriousness aside, I am considering making a non-firing
(i.e. You really think I'm crazy enough to try and fire this thing?)
cannon to tow behind the deuce. If it fools half the people at
parade distance into thinking it is real, then I consider it a success.
Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

---
---