TRIP

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 11:46:34 PST

My drive to the East Coast went well...
On the return trip I spent the night at Fort Riley, Kansas.in the morning -
after doing a bit of exploring of the vehicle storage yards..I went to the
DRMO and looked up GL. One of the boss's at the DRMO - Pat Reger..is an old
friend...so I sort of got the royal treatment...
Tom Schellenberger was the man there for GL..his boss is Jerry Ellis. I did
not meet Jerry...but Tom was great. He was very helpful and informative. He
had some business to do..so he could not walk me through the vehicles... I
looked at the deuces coming up at auction..and many - many 5 tons that will
be coming up soon. The Army has not turned in the CUCV vehicles they were
supposed to..so , the CUCV's were not in the yards. Maybe soon.. I also was
told they are being replaced with Dodges !!!! Not the new CUCV's.
Most of the deuces listed with winches..do not have winches. Seems the Army
guys swiped them...Oh well..what's new with that ??
I did mark some in my book for bidding..but, most are pretty sad trucks..
Tom has his office in the warehouse of the main DRMO building..he is very
far from the vehicles..so -PLEASE do not call him for info on the
vehicles..he just can't answer your questions as to condition - etc..
The number there at Riley is..1-785-223-2922.
The lots that were already sold there...still there - waiting for those
elusive EU certificates..some were dandies !! Deuces that is. Especially
lots 6405..and 6404. Who bought them..anyone know ??
Ya'll have a good one..Gene