FMTVs and GMCs?

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 09:00:36 PST

OK, associated with my purchase of some kind of transporter for my
ferret or dingo, I'm contemplating a bit of subterfuge with regards
to the appearance of the final truck. I'm leaning towards a cab over
design (likely an Isuzu type truck, probably a T7500 or a heavier W
series). One of my thoughts is to dress it up as if it were a
MTV/FMTV.

Does anyone have any good ideas on paths to take? One issue is tire
stowage location. Moving it up to one of those behind the cab stowage
brackets would be a critical dress up item. Other things would be
tires, bed accoutrements (drop sides) and of course a paint job (the
easy part). It clearly won't be a true conversion as the T7500 isn't
4WD. But it'd be better than a White truck at MV shows. I suppose
it'd also be fun to see how many "experts" came up and oggled my MTV.

Comments?

--
Ryan Gill                         rmgill@mindspring.com
    1960 Daimler Ferret     1942 Daimler Dingo