Re: [MV] GL

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 09:22:05 PST

At 12:11 PM -0500 3/22/02, JaxInCalifornia@aol.com wrote:

>I realize that, but my gripe was I didn't like being told I owed
>money when I didn't and that now my credit with GL was no good!
>That is what tee'd me off. Being cut off like some $#@%^&* dead
>beat... then missing the #@#$%^&* auction because of it and all the
>@@#$%^&%$#$ research I put into it! Geez.. I guess I'm still ticked!
>lol

Yeah. I was annoyed that Jim didn't get that Pixie suit, but that's
how the auctions work. Best thing to do is try again on other similar
items. Work with GL in a polite way. David is trying. E-bay would
never have a rep on a given list looking at the concerns of a small
but vocal group of customers.

This e-mail list is a far larger percentage of GL's customer base
than it is of e-bay's total customer base. Thats part of the reason
they are here. You have to admit, they do respond far better and
faster than the Federal government does...

>As far as "Bid snipe" thing, that is a good point, because you do
>take some small risk of not being able to get your bid in in time.
>Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... you gotta do what is
>best for you.

Get in early and ahead of time you win it sometimes. Get in just in
time, you win sometimes. Sometimes neither of those work. If it's
something you really want, you pay more than anyone else is willing
to pay. Witness the $500 Box (1) from one of the first Macintoshes on
E-bay a few weeks ago.

1. Just the box, not the computer. see wired.com for more details.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -