Re: [MV] Fw: [MV] horses on 5 ton

From: Randy Orpe (sgtorpe@sierratel.com)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 22:59:30 PST

A 250 Cummins won't even fit into the M-54 series 5 ton. If you notice, the
813s have a longer hood and grill. You would have to extend the frame to get
it to fit. You might be able to get a 5 ton Mack maxidine engine to fit as
they are about the same size a a multifuel. Cummins also makes a 6 BT engine
that will fit.
A lot of work to make a truck that really shouldn't go over about 55, go
faster.

I am planning on putting a 250 in place of the 6602 gas in my wrecker. Jeezy
peezy, what a gas guzzling underpowered slug.

Randy