M4 Roadside Find

From: M37Jumbo@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 20:50:55 PST

   I saw this thing at the side of the road and stopped to admire and found a
data plate from the "Corp of Engineers, Div of the Army, etc. Will mount to
all M4 designated tanks". The tractor looks like modofied tank ; rear
engine, two seat cab at the nose of the unit {by cab I mean a ROPS with heavy
mesh cage} and the tracks are similar to those on a half track. I didn't
climb on the tractor as I was pressed for time so does anyone know if this
was a manufactured unit. I did take some pictures but I am technologically
limited to throw away cameras, if interested in Pics email me.

SAM in AR

62 M37