Flak Vests

From: WRBENSON@prodigy.net
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 19:21:37 PST

I'm looking for a Large early Viet Nam (1965) version
fragmentation vest. As has been noted, flak vests
were designed to protect against the by-products of
incoming artillery fire, and doesn't do squat for high
velocity rifle fire. (Vests are GREAT for cushioning
the impact when you dive for cover, however...)

I'm not sure if that rule for California is totally
accurate, only because there is a healthy Vietnam War
reenactment population that wear their flak vests (as
well as the local bull-riders, as anti-gore
protection). I'll have to check and see what our duty
expert says...

Cheers!

Bill Benson