Re: [MV] Kevlar vests.

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 21:48:36 PST

Hi Mark,

> Good luck to the folks selling the Vests. I had (HAD) 5
>Camo vests and could not sell them for even $75.00 ea when I advertised them
>on the list 2 years ago.

I agree that these are not hot items, but course it depends on
nationality, condition, type, size, and style. I've seen used US frag
vests go for around $40 at some surplus stores. Personally, I collect
unforms and equipment from around the globe and have never seen one for
sale over $200 in the last 3 or 4 years. I just bought a very expensive
one which is the only one I, or any collector, has ever seen for sale.
 It is West German Border Guard (Bundesgrezschutz) frag vest in BGS camo.
 Price for me was $180. I will be the envy of many a collector :-) It
had better be, for although I have almost 100 uniforms from over 25
countries (post WWII)... this frag vest is by far the most expensive
piece of militaria I have ever bought! Of course I could beat that as
fast as I can whip out my Visa, but I got a wife and 13 MVs to keep fed :-)

Steve