Re: [MV] CUCV overdrive

From: DAS (minimade@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 16:19:14 PST

The CUCV with overdrive was set up to handle the telephone repeater (S250
?), has a #10,800 gvw, and I think 4.56 rears.It also had over-ride
springs. I bought it (with 23 others) in Okinawa, Japan with 7 miles on it,
and used it for a year, and 10,000 miles. The governor would cut in before
60MPH. I have only operated it 2-3 times since he installed the us gear
unit.Even with a #10,000 trailer, one rarely needs to disengage the OD
except for the longest New Hampshire hills .
    Does anyone know the spec's on a M1028?(dual wheel short wheel base
airport type)
I have one coming from the south . It should be here early next month. I
hope it will do at least 50 on the highway.
            Thanks
                Derek