DMIL B/Q Bidders

From: dwright@govliquidation.com
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 07:04:00 PST

Good Morning -

I am passing along to All on the MV list the information I was given
concerning the TSC's definition of who will or will not be approved for
DMIL "B" and "Q" property. I have been asked "can individuals who are not
U.S. citizens be approved for "B" and "Q" property"? Here is the answer.

The explanation below is directly from Matt Brown, Trade Security,
regarding
the definition of U.S. bidder.

"Right now no foreign individual/company is being cleared for "B" (MLI -
munitions
list items) property. They are still being processed on a case-by-case
basis for "Q" property".

ITAR
SECTION 120.15

U.S. person (Sec. 120.15), then it refers to both. Sec. 120.15 U.S. person.
U.S. person means a person (as defined in section 120.14 of this part) who
is lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a
protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). It also means any
corporation, business association, partnership, society, trust, or any
other
entity, organization or group that is incorporated to do business in the
United States. It also includes any governmental (federal, state or local)
entity. It does not include any foreign person as defined in section 120.16
of this part. [59 FR 25811, May 18, 1994]

8 USC 1101 (a) (20)

20) The term ''lawfully admitted for permanent residence'' means the status
of having been lawfully accorded the privilege of residing permanently in
the United States as an immigrant in accordance with the immigration laws,
such status not having changed.

Good Luck,

David Wright
Government Liquidation