Re: [MV] Auction ethics

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 09:40:11 PST

I agree in principal. In live auctions you have that luxury.
But in timed submitted bidding its a different story. What I
have learned is if you really want it leave it alone till the
last second and then bid the max amount you are willing to go
for it.. Otherwise you either get into bidding pissing contests
with new-bees (less than 30 feed backs) that have more money
than brains or you get last second sniped by someone else. I
learned my lessons the hard way on popular items that I wanted
and bid on only to see them snatched out from my winning bid at
the last 15 seconds.

That seems to be the standard procedure for hot items that
are sought by multiple collectors.. It may be devious but when
its the standard rules of the game thats how you need to play
to win what you want. It pretty sad when I have to revolve my
life around timing myself to e-bay bids, but if you want it bad
enough that seems to be the way you have to go.

                                   Bob B