M1010 12volt conversion

From: Jasper Welsch (cucvman@jam.rr.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 15:16:21 PST

Greetings List:
Has anyone ever tried to change a CUCV Ambulance, M1010, to 12volt? Our
Police Dept. just bought one ($750.00 with 6K miles) and it would be more
useful if it were 12volt. (Ulterior Motive here-if I help them do the work,
I may get the parts that they don't need out of the dumpster.) I have
downloaded the instructions from Mich. DNR to convert the M1008 and M1009,
but of course ambulances are different, with different alternators and an
external voltage regulator. Any suggestions?

Jasper Welsch at Home
1984 M1009 CUCV