Auction ethics ...

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 17:41:44 PST

Bob said, "...That seems to be the standard procedure for hot items that are sought by multiple collectors.. It may be devious but when its the standard rules of the game thats how you need to play to win what you want. It pretty sad when I have to revolve my life around timing myself to e-bay bids, but if you want it bad enough that seems to be the way you have to go."

I agree with 99% of this statement, except that "it may be devious" would not be my first choice of words. (Are you devious if you win at poker? lol )

Not speaking to Bobs commentary, but I think it's really unfair of some others here that called people unethical for making a last minute bid. Hey, I'm not defending my own bidding practice either, since I've yet to win anything in one of these on-line open bid auctions! lol It's just how I see it and I am willing to give it a try despite my track record of 20 and 0.

Bottom line... it's not a theft, it's not a murder, it's not a fraud... it's not even devious... it's just a dumb bid. When and how you chose to do it, is your choice.

There is my 2 cents and I'll raise you a penny.

Jack Lee
(Sunny and hot California)