Re: [MV] M911 C-HET tractors in GL auction

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 11:02:37 PST

I don't think anyone answered your questions about compatibility.

The HET tractors have a higher fifth wheel that I have been told it is not standard. The king pin diameter is larger. Also, as had been mentioned the vehicle
is overwidth even without the trailer unless you take off the outside rear wheels. It is one huge truck and really probably best used off road. If you have
ever stood next to one of those transporters, you would know instantly that an HET is no ordinary truck. They are flat out huge. I believe they get only one
or two MPG. If you are in the business of clearing out trees the size of large redwoods and you need a logging tractor, they could be one heck of a deal.

Dave