M35A2 master cylinder question

From: onetwothree fourfivesix (camaro69fine@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 05:02:18 PST

I finally fired the ol' duece up after working on it
for the past two weeks. Everything seems to be
working ok except for the brakes. I push the pedal
and it goes all the way to the floor with almost no
resistance. I don't hear any air hiss, but the truck
does stop when the pedal is to the floor. I pump the
pedal and the air pressure doesn't move at all.
  The question is: On the master cylinder there is a
small fitting with a tube coming out the top, does
this whole piece come out to check the fluid level?
It looks like a small pipe plug.
 what else could be causing my problem? How do you
bleed this system?
Thanks
Wade
M35A2 no winch, but with heater and hardtop.