Form 97 for Tank

From: Dave Ball (vought@msn.com)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 13:19:34 PST

This is my experience and I am not an expert but I do have a form 97 in my
hand at this moment.
A form 97 is a transfer of title for equipment not needing or meant to be
de-milled.
If your Tank ever had one which is highly unlikely but not impossible the
person who purchased it at Auction or from DRMO would have been given the
form 97 at the time of taking possession of the Tank and would have
forfeited it to DMV if they ever titled it in there name.
However if it was sold as scrap for de-mill only and this did not occur then
you are in possession of contraband.
I would try and contact some of the Armour owners at swap meets and ask them
if they have a copy of the form 97.
Also South Eastern Equipment might be able to shed some light since they
sold some Tanks.
Go to www.mvpa.org and see the events in your area.
One thing I might add is I would be cautious when taking the Tank out of the
Country (USA) as it might be impossible or at least very difficult to bring
it back as there have been some very strict rules changed and added as to
bringing "Munitions" into the country even as scrap or parts.
Although if it originated here it may be different but do not take my word
on any of this I would contact a person at the studio like the prop master
and there lawyer for guarantee of safe return and proof of there insurance
covering this loss should it occur.

You could take it on as carry on baggage the security persons would probably
never see it. : ]

Dave Ball