M35 blinker problem (Autobahn style lights)

From: JJ&A (w7ls@blarg.net)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 00:34:30 PST

    I have a 1968 (or so) M35A2 that was in Germany at some point, and
thus, has the Autobahn-style additional blinkers. They look like regular
commercial fixtures that sit in a protective loop of metal, just behind
and above the regular front running lights.
    The right front blinker doesn't work, and it is not the bulb. I
checked the bulb and also tested the line that feeds it. There is no
current feeding to the bulb. I used a test light to look for juice in
the wires. The right rear blinker works fine. The left side blinkers
work fine. It is just the right front one.
    I have the Militiary Media CD-rom, and some printed manuals, but I
cannot locate any info on the wiring diagrams. Does the military have
some bizarre name for this? Since this is an Autobahn-upgrade, it may
not be in my standard manuals, anyway. Anyone know where the wires run?
There must be a junction somewhere that has corroded or the wire has
been cut, somehow.
    Thanks. Jim