Re: [MV] M35 blinker problem: FIXED! Here's how.

From: Amnon (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 05:53:07 PST

> The military headlight switch can cause brake light problems. Another
> problem is when only one stop light works. Don't even think about using
> a jumper wire from the working light over to he non-working, unless you

Hi Joe. I developed a problem with the rear left brake light some time ago,
where if you stepped on the brake, the rear left running light went out, no
left brake light, and the rear right brake light came on. After trying to
diagnose the problem with a test light, I found out that the rear fixtures
are grounded through their mounting bolt. I took the bolt off and
discovered that the "lock washer" was all rusted out. Cleaned it and the
bolt with a wire brush and everything worked right. I might add that I
could not find any rime or reason to the way the fixture itself works on the
inside. It looks as though each circuit is tied to the other in there ??!!

Now a question. Is there an easy way to wire the front running light so
that they stay on when you turn the headlights on? I feel it is very
misleading to an oncoming vehicle to see just two headlights close to each
other, which gives the impression of a small car. Even a VW bug has more
distance between the headlights :-)

Shalom Ya'll
Amnon Nissan

Deltaforce