WAS[MV] M35 blinker problem:Now MV Giggles

From: Ron (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 07:44:00 PST

The amber running lights are on when the headlights are on, or yours should
be.
    But be careful what you wish for in regards to wider spacing between the
headlights!! A slightly older acquaintance was in an armored unit motor pool
in Germany in the bad old days (late 50's early 60's ). He relates a story
of a night march with US M48's and some British MP's on motorcycles leap
frogging ahead of the column to block intersections so the tanks could blow
through. Seems that some of the locals on BMW bikes would screw around with
the British Motorcycle MP's by blowing through the middle of the bike
columns when they encountered them at night....everyone doing at least 50
MPH, except in opposite directions.
    This night the column was cruising along a nice straight section of
road, with the lead jeep drifting about 3/4 mile ahead, led by two bikes and
followed by four more. They disappeared around a corner, while in the
opposite direction came three locals on BMW's, going like hell. As they got
closer to the lead tank, one local swung over into the lane of the oncoming
tanks and accelerated. He hit square in the middle of the hull at about
100MPH plus. They figure he never really had time to figure out that the
widely spaced headlights were not two motorcycles. The driver ducked and
ended up going of the road and off into the woods a ways before he got the
tank stopped. Brian was detailed to go out and retrieve the tank as part of
the retrieval crew and clean out between the hull and turret since he was
on the Motor pool Sgts. feces list for numerous infractions. He claimed this
was not an uncommon occurrence in Germany, happening at least 3 or 4 times a
year.
    So I'll take headlights with the 3 foot separation, 3 feet off the
ground and the amber running lights 5 1/2 to 6 feet apart....At least it
will give them pause as to what is coming at them.

    POP UP QUESTION.... For ten points...

    What's the first thing to go through a guys mind when he goes head on
with a deuce?

    His Forehead!!!!

Ronzo