Re: [MV] M1009 rear end

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 16:03:21 PST

  The spider / cross shaft gears are very brittle since that
are heat treated to a high rockwell to give them long life
in ma & pa's passenger car. They break fairly consistiantly
in high stress, high impact situations. Due to this race car
people either get them re-heat treated to a softer setting
or buy them from Moroso or some other specility race car
shop and change them to stop the problem.. From the sound of
it it may be well worth while to invest in a set to stop the
problem..

                            Bob B