Re: [MV] Message 3 Re Early CJ2A War Tub Agri jeep

From: Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 07:02:26 PDT

> There may be some confusion to the term "Agri-Jeep". I'm refering to
> the CJ-2's (44'
> -45') that were farm implement test beds, had brass name plates, and
stated
> "Agri-Jeep" on the data plate.

Only the early CJ-2s would be considered "Agrijeeps". Willys-Overland
stopped using this term beginning with the third series CJ-2 prototypes.
(which would have had the stamped "JEEP" on the hood, windshield and
tailgate.) Regular early CJ-2As used in agriculture were just CJ-2As.
There was a model called the Farm Jeep later on that had the implement lift
standard equipment.

> As of 1999 only eight have been found and only one has been restored.

As of today, there are now 10 of these that have surfaced. Another one
surfaced just a couple months ago in NY.

Todd Paisley