Re: [MV] Duece VIN

From: Charlie (seacoastsurplus@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 17:09:59 PDT

Oh stop your damn bitching
Yes, I sold Ronbo that piece of shit truck he whines so much about to him.
But he picked
it out of 23 trucks.
Word of advice to anyone, If you want something nice, ask Ron to see which
one he likes
then buy a different one :P

All the 97's I got on 24 trucks had the complete serial number as written
on Data plate
which includes registration number .

I prefer it that way, and if he moved to a good state like NH, the DMW
takes the whole
number NO PROBLEM :)

So, stop your whining

hehe

The MA RMV goes by what is on the Form 97. The Form 97 had WAY too many
letters and numbers in the serial number block and the computer choked when
the girl entered the data.
Luckily, the branch manager was standing there because the clerk had a
problem with a Form 97 made out to the buyer on the same day the buyer from
NH sold it to me with a NH bill of sale. We had then spent a 1/2 hour with
the manager because the trooper said I 'wanted' to register it as a
"CLASSIC" motor vehicle, not an "ANTIQUE". Turned out that the "CLASSIC"
had not been available for 15 years. Ended up being registered as a 13
passenger "ANTIQUE AUTO". Furthermore, the computer wouldn't accept "KAISER"
as a make, but would accept "KAISE" (some kind of kit car from the 60's), so
that is how they registered it.
When the RMV manager takes you in hand and spends time talking to the
computer folks in Boston forcing them to adjust data fields so you can get
the 'slobbermonster' (as Kenny calls it) registered and doesn't keep saying
"Sorry, you'll have to get the data corrected" as they toss the paper work
back at you, you just stand there with your hat in your hands grinning
stupidly as the tell you, "We're going to make the system take this. I don't
care what the damn computer says."