M37 disc brake & MC upgrade

From: Doyle, John D (JDoyle@framatech.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 14:49:07 PDT

After bolting on Ray Suiter's (http://www.uglytruckling.com) disc brake
conversion kit, I went ahead with his master cylinder upgrade idea. For
those of you who aren't purists, and like the idea of being able to stop in
traffic, you would do well to get Ray's disc brake kit. I'm no gear head,
but did manage to get the change-over done in a weekend. It's an easy
upgrade to do if you can read and follow directions.

Now, I'm wondering who else has done this MC upgrade and if there are any
comments/thoughts? I'm having a devil of a time adjusting between too much
and too little push rod going into the MC. I'm also having problems with
minimal leaking around the brass fittings. Teflon tape probably won't cut
it. Ideas on how to stop that?

Thanks,
John