Re: [MV] M35 steering problem

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 19:43:20 PDT

Properly set up, a M35 will run along a flat road a true and straight as any
automobile you could hope to drive. Granted, if the roadway is cupped, the
truck will try to hunt, but baring that it should be a pleasure to drive.
The steering gear box should be filled with the same type of gear oil in the
differentials.
My initial recommendation for a TM would be TM 9-8022. For more in-depth
information refer to TM 9-8023-2.
It has been a long day, and I can't remember the details, but I recall that
there is either a MWO or ECO (predecessor to MWO), which details a bolt or
rivet failure in the steering gearbox area that can lead to handling problems.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle