Re: [MV] tension bar ~ torque rod

From: JIM WIEHE (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 12:46:25 PDT

Are not the torque rods held in place with just a lock washer and a nut ?
There may be some dust shields also ?
As I look at the rear suspension assembly in TM9-2320-209-35P ,
I do not see any dust covers. So at your parts truck......
Why not:
1) Jack up frame enough to relieve all strain from springs.
2) Remove nut and flat washer from pin at both ends of the broken rod.
3) Drive pins from brackets and rod using a soft metal hammer
    Gotta protect those threads.
4) Install new torque rod and lock washer and nuts and using a torque
    wrench, tighten to 350-->400 foot pounds.
The above steps are just a suggestion anyone else care to add something else
other than using a good set of stands and working safely under a raised vehicle ?

Jim Wiehe , VA3JHW
j.wiehe@sympatico.ca