M35A2 Stave length ?

From: Ron (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 12:31:31 PDT

Anyone got a stave ( upright wooden piece that goes into the pocket in the
troop seats that you put the bow corner on) for a non-dropside deuce
floating around that they could measure length wise. I have everything to
put a top on except the uprights. Home Depot bound once I have that figure.
    Just dropped off a vinyl cover to have some stitching replaced and it
will be ready next week. Then went back in the garage and discovered I had
squirreled away on the shelves a well used but relatively intact Cover,
Vehicular, Fitted, Truck which has been modified for a maintenance truck.
It has an additional 8(?) ft of light weight canvas sewn on to the inside at
the end of the cover with holes for tent poles and ropes to stake it to the
ground while working on stuff. It'll do for now.
    BTW...Does anyone know of a source of surplus front and rear canvas ends
at a reasonable price?

    Ronzo