Re: [MV] CUCV Ambulance

From: michael@tsixroads.com
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 20:49:54 PDT

Once again, this sounds like a bad (high resistance) connection. I bought two ambulances at DRMO once. One cranked with batteries and was driven home. The other wouldn't do anything. Hooked a towbar up and towed it home and it worked the next time I tried it.

I think CUCV's have one or two extra connection points to go bad over most other vehicles. You will just have to trace it back. Most of the dash lights work on 12v but the starter is 24v.

I also had a boat with a GM starter in it that sat in water for a period of time (I left the drain plug in and it filled up with rain water). The brush springs rusted and broke in it. Tried the hammer thing and everything.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS