Dissimilar metals ??

From: Jarrett Redd (jarrett_l_redd@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 20:50:24 PDT

Hi guys... What's the word on bolting dissimilar metals together? I know
copper and steel don't like each other much. What about aluminum and steel? I
have some steel brackets to bolt onto the aluminum body of my M998. Is this
going to be a problem? They are both painted, but I don't want a
galvanic/welding/oxidation response where the bolts pass through. Do I need to
insulate the bolts? What about welding aluminum and steel? Other than being a
bit tricky to balance the heat input, any longer term corrosion/etc effects?
Thanks much...

--
Jarrett L. Redd
'86 M998