M51 and M68 Inflatable chemical shelter trailer?

From: Bruce Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 23:45:23 PDT

Hi list,
    I spotted three trailers on a long flat bed truck at a local
surplus metals place.
They had two dataplates one said M51 and the other said M68 if I
remember correctly. They were full of some rubberized stuff and hoses
and the plates said something about a 10 man inflatable chemical
shelter. The condition of these were very good to fair.

Talked to the sales guy and he said they were going for about a $1000
each. He also said that his firm had a large number of these stored at
some military location, and
that they typically sold them to third world country armys.

If this is something anyone is interested in I can probably arrange
some sort of deal, since I have know this guy for quite a few years now.

Bruce MVPA 23824