Re: [MV] DUKW Centre of Gravity or Axle Weights

From: Pete & Renee Davis (pandr@metrocast.net)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 20:38:23 PDT

Hello, Steve,

The Driver's Handbook TM 55-505 doesn't include the information you're looking
for. It does give the Weight (equipped) as 14,880 lbs and center of flotation
as being 2 feet forward of center of cargo space. It lists the truck's
technical manual as TM 9-802. Perhaps you could search for that. Or a long
shot might be to search for "Duck Tours". There are a number of companies that
use DUKWs to give guided tours here in the states. If you can contact one of
them, they might be able to give you the information you're looking for. One
would certainly hope they would have the manuals. Good luck!

Pete Davis