Re: [MV] The EBAY "Regulars"

From: Ron (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 08:09:27 PDT

Kerry,Kerry, Kerry.
    First, in regards to the welding post, we don't have any tan M35A2s. You
must have our rally confused with some other one where you liberate pioneer
tools, thus creating an artificial need for your 'proprietary, available
from GMMVC vendors only' locking bracket for pioneer tool rack.
    2nd...You never will see a MVMVC vehicle on ebay. There are legions
waiting to purchase a vehicle meticulously restored by the world renowned
members of the MVMVC. But the background checks we require of potential
"Guardians" who wish to assume custody of one of our 'Veteran' vehicles is
so deep that the background checks of 'COSMIC' clearance holders pales in
comparison. If a member of the GMMVC was somehow allowed to posses a dull
crayon long enough to attempt to fill out the 26 page MVMVC adoption request
and actually submit it for consideration.... well, let me phrase the result
in a way you might understand. BAAAAAaaaaa, Humbug.
    3rd....Peasants such as you and your ilk who peruse the plebian auction
meat markets such as ebay for vehicles will never understand that MVMVC
vehicles are handled only by Sotheby's. Try here: http://www.sothebys.com/.
As we in the MVMVC have said for years, "If you have to ask how much it
costs, go buy a vehicle from a scrap yard or, if that is too pricey, a GMMVC
member."
    4th...In regards to your perusing 'Flintstones Memorabilia'...you may
find things there to try an attract a date when your sheep are indisposed,
but rarely HMVs (GMMVC vehicles, aka scrap, may be an exception).
    5th... In regards to Stu's post about worrying about you showing up at
the Weare Rally. Not really a concern of mine, since every tow service
within 200 miles of Burlington, VT has heard of 'Big Mike' and it's owner's
proclivity to 'borrow' stuff and are unlikely to put a hook on it and drag
it to Weare. Unless of course you find a wrecker service who would be acting
as a 'Judas' wrecker for the good of the Vermont Towing Association.
    6th... Running over baby carriages due to your poor maintenance of 'Big
Mike' and prying toddlers carcasses from between the duals does not entitle
you to call it a 'Babe Magnet'. 'Babe Blotter' maybe.

    Ronzo