Re: [MV] The ewe BOY "Regulars"

From: Ron (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 11:13:39 PDT

Hi Tom (and for those who tuned in late):

    Kerry is (in a sort of half-assed way) web master of the Green Mountain
Military Vehicle Collectors (GMMVC) in VT. The butt of most of his posts is
the Merrimack Valley Military Vehicle Collectors (MVMVC) located in NH, or
myself.

    His continued attempts at tweaking the nose of the MVMVC is like Aruba
threatening to invade the US. It gets them press for their audacity of
taunting a super power in the HMV world, and people visit their web site out
of curiosity to see what this upstart organization is about before they are
wiped from the face of the earth by a true group of collectors. Like the
little yapping dog, who darts out in the road at a deuce, he gets away with
it a few times, gets braver and closer to the wheels each time until he gets
a little too cocky and..... S Q U I S H ... I think it also has something
to do with envy of a more 'southern' club, because we get to drive our
vehicles in shirtsleeves (without getting frostbite)sooner than them ( April
vs., say the last week in August).

    To find out where the "VT SHOW" (which I have heard consists of a CJ5
painted OD green, a cow that was hit by the over spray, a so called deuce
[ actually a pathetic attempt at restoring a pile of M35 range residue
{known in VT Towing Association circles as BIG MIKE} to some resembalance of
a vehicle], a sheep shearing demonstration and a display of Vermont dairy
products) you will have to go here:

     http://www.angelfire.com/vt2/gmmvc/

 As to 'are people from NY allowed'? I don't know. Probably more of a
thing of folks from NY have higher standards and not going, rather than
being allowed. ;-)

    The MVMVC has held a summer rally for the past 18 or so years. The rally
become so large and successful that thought is being given to 'cut back' on
the festivities, so as to allow club members more time to enjoy the
camaraderie of HMV collecting and operating, rather than entertaining the
masses.

    The MVMVC web site ( a site maintained by HMV collectors who spend time
on RESTORING HMVs, not playing at web sites ) is at:

    http://www.mvmvc.org/

    (note that MVMVC has a domain name, not temporary rental space like the
little yapping dog )

    Ronzo