Jeep bearing help

From: Travis S. (tls2771@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 19:00:08 PDT

I have a 1943 GPW and I need to replace the 2 transfer case bearings that
sit side by side on the shaft closest to the transmission. I took one of the
bearings to Mac's Jeep Part's in Corvallis OR and he told me that it was
definitely the Timken 14131 so I ordered a couple and they are not the right
bearing at all. The 14131 is a tapered bearing and that's not what I need,
the bearings I have are about the size and shape of a spool of thread does
anyone know what the proper part number for this bearing is? I've been told
14121 also and when I took this to the part's house they said $123.00 each
but the 14131 is only $15.00 each what's the story? Help! I need to get my
t-case back in operation.

Travis.