Welding

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 04:04:30 PDT

Esteemed listers::

I have question regarding welding discussion -- I do not remember what the
process is called but I do recall that if you place two or more pieces of
steel together and repeatedly hammer them they will weld themselves
together.

 Something about realigning the molecules of the steel. Seems like some
older shotgun barrels were made by this process if memory serves me. They
would withstand black powder, but not smokeless.

 Sort of like how today's coins are made?? And does our military use this
process in any way?

Everette

Still around the corner there may wait, a new road or a secret gate. Though
I have often passed them by, a day will come, when I shall take, the hidden
paths that run west of the moon and east of the sun.